Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Wednesday, September 10, 2003

The truth or a cover story?

I was having a pretty good day at work yesterday, helping a coworker with her computer. I learned she watches Queer Eye, so we now have something to talk about.

I was getting rid of attachments in her email program, when I ran across one I wasn't familiar with.

Me: What's that?

Co-worker: Oh. That's my resume. I like to print out an updated copy and keep it handy.

I smiled and said, "Of course, that makes perfect sense".

I lied through my teeth. Has anyone ever updated and printed out a copy of their resume when they weren't actively looking for work? 'Cause I sure haven't.

I suppose it is possible. She's a twitch, and if anyone on this planet keeps a resume around "for my files" it'd be her. But, I think she's looking for a new job.

Good for her.

I will laugh and laugh if the two of us leave and get new jobs at the same time.