Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Thursday, August 28, 2003

Okay, I'm boring...

Have I forgotten to mention within the past five minutes that I'm sick of my job? Gods, but I hate that place.

I'm turning into a boring, boring person over this. And it's so pathetic, whining about your work all the time. You're an adult with all these choices and somehow you've voluntarily choosen this Hell because you're too stupid or inept to do otherwise.

All righty then. Employers on Cape Cod, who wants to hire a smart annoying person who is trying to enter the Accounting field? I'm detail-oriented, don't need my hand held, clean up nicely, and I'm working on my snottiness and self-pity issues.

That reminds me.

I have some long-standing issues and people from my past that I just can't seem to move on from. I originally posted much more about this, but going into it just seemed too petty and pathetic.

You don't really want to hear about all my insecurities, do you? Bleh, they bore even me.

I don't know where I'm going with this. Except to say that if I wasn't spending a significant chunk of my day working a job that I hate, I'd probably be dealing better, and could just move on.

My work is turning me into not only a bore, but just a generally tedious person.

Of course, I realize it's ridiculous to blame my work for all of this. After all, don't I have some free will in the matter? But you know what? Working all day in a place you dislike wears on you. Just can't pull on the bootstraps anymore than I am.

Okay, on a lighter note...

The spousal unit thinks we should have a classic cocktail weekend. (We're both into cocktails, which makes us very American, but that's another story.)

But anyway, we'll spend the weekend going through the Mr. Boston bartender guide (our copy was last published in 1959), pull out the ones that sound most interesting and try them. A weekend of debauchery.

At the end of it all, I won't have a different job, but at least I've have been distracted for the weekend. That's nothing to sneeze at.