Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Is there a reason...?

That some people have to talk to themselves at their desks? Are they afraid they'll disappear unless they treat the world to a running update of how fast their Word file is being saved?

I find it especially nerve-wracking when it's something I know they're going to eventually ask me about. Before they actually come over and ask me if they need to do a restart, I'll hear them sighing and shuffling and cajoling at Windows for a good fifteen minutes.

Also, when help is requested, it's inevitably in some cutesy form, "Oh, I think my computer's feeling a bit under the weather today!" Really? I never would have guessed. Seeing as you're so restrained and quiet and all.

Now I'm going to be sighing.