Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Friday, June 20, 2003

Friday Five

1. Is your hair naturally curly, wavy, or straight? Long or short?

Wavy and currently short. I have occasionally wished for it to be one or the other.

In particular, I've always envied those women with very straight hair that draped like silk or fell like a waterfall.

2. How has your hair changed over your lifetime?

In high school and college I really bought into the whole, "You have such nice hair! You CAN'T cut it!" thing. Although I did shave part of one side for awhile. (It was the eighties.) I looked a bit like a brunette Cyndi Lauper.

3. How do your normally wear your hair?

Short, blond streaks, and with clips/headband to keep my hair out of my eyes.

4. If you could change your hair this minute, what would it look like?

I really want to add some sort of color not intended by nature. Possibly a very vibrant red or a purple.

Also, what I've always wanted but probably will never get are braids or cornrows. I've wanted them since I saw Bo Derek in "10". I've done a lot of reading and the maintenance involved (and not being able to scrub at my scalp with abandon) would drive me crazy, but I really think they're beautiful.

5. Ever had a hair disaster? What happened?

No not really. The most "disaster" I ever got was when a salon cut my hair unevenly right before my wedding. (How do you screw up a blunt cut anyway?). But my hair was very long, and you couldn't tell unless you looked carefully.