Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Friday, November 12, 2004

It's going to be a jungle of a day and I'll never make it if I start growling now.

Co-worker: Remember when I told you yesterday that I deleted some messages that I didn't intend to delete and then emptied my trash so I couldn't get them back? I still have those messages.

Me: You do? That's great, but how?

Co-worker: I thought I deleted my trash because it disappeared, but it was just my Inbox that disappeared.

Me: So when you thought you were emptying your trash, you were just deleting messages out of your Inbox? When you say "emptying trash", what exactly are you doing?

Co-worker: I select all the messages and delete them.

Me: You know there's a command in Eudora called "Empty Trash" that allows you to empty your trash without going through all that?

Co-worker: Yeah, that's what I did.

Actually, that's not at all what you did. But, why confuse you with the facts?

More coffee. Stat.