Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Useless and Surreal

I talked to a temp agency today. They got all goosey when I mentioned that I couldn't come in for a longer interview the first week of December because the Spousal Unit is having surgery.

Why don't you give us a call when everything's settled? Huh? I don't get it. What's to settle?

Meanwhile, they suggested I read the paper or browse Monster. Gosh golly gee, why didn't I think of that? Arrrgggghhh.

If I wait to give them a call when everything is "settled", that's the middle of December. When no one is hiring and everything is shit until February. Oh, that's useful.

I pointed out that no one is hiring in December. "You never know." Oh, bullshit.

Did I really just waste an hour of my life talking to you? Yes, I think that's exactly what I just did. Charming.