Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

To quote Lefty,

Here comes a military draft, the overturn of Roe v. Wade, the elimination of gay rights, the further alienation of the international community, more of the same in Iraq, the supreme court becoming a blatantly Christian entity and another thousand soldiers dead. You've made your own noose, America. Time to string up.

Yep. Sounds about right.

I pretended today when anyone asked me about the election that I didn't really care. Because that's what you do when your heart is breaking.

The one bright spot I see is that the coalescing of different wings of the Republican party into the agreement that led to Bush's election is almost certainly temporary. I'm hoping there are enough people advocating fiscal responsibility and personal freedom to gum up the works of the people who want to spend us into oblivion and get Big Brother involved with our personal lives.

Meanwhile, I'm checking out French language CDs from the library. Canada is a bilingual nation and if I end up there, I really need to learn some French.