Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Saturday, October 30, 2004

All Politics are Personal

It wasn't until I left a comment on Doghouse Reilly that I realized just how much this has been bugging the living shit out of me.

I work with a Bush supporter. She happens to be a dumb Bush supporter. (Among other things, she believes Bush is pro-choice.) That's not the issue.

She's excitable about anything that occurs in the political sphere and permeates the membrane of her misunderstanding. She comes over to my desk, correction, she races from one end of the building to the other to stand in front of my desk and fervidly yammer the latest rubbish she's heard on Fox.

Here's the beauty part. She behaves like a sullen, pissy child if you disagree with her.

The stinking nerve. Don't run over to my desk to tell me your husband's opinion of Susan Sarandon or pass on the latest misinformation about Kerry and act like a spoiled brat if I disagree with you.

And more to the point, don't pull this shit again and again. You may be a cross between a moron and a masocist, but I'm not and this idiocy was old the first time you did it.

I'm saddened to admit that no matter how important it is for America and America's future for Bush and the Bush administration to be out of office, the real reason I want Kerry to win is so I don't have to witness her G-spot victory orgasm in front of my desk.

I do promise to be the better woman. I won't rub her face in a Kerry victory.

Well, maybe a little face rubbing. But, not after the first week.

Promise.