Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Sunday, December 14, 2003

Home Stretch

Wooee. I'm almost done with my class. Then I'm going to take a break from Accounting and kick back. I so deserve it.

The last few weeks have been my time to regress. It's a stress reaction. I made two discoveries that mean quite a bit to me and probably not so much to anyone else.

First off. If you were a little tiny child during the seventies, do you remember Dawn dolls? I had a Glori and later I had assorted hand-me-downs from my cousins. I recently ordered the 30-year anniversary editions of Dawn, Dale, Angie and Glori and have been having a grand time posing them on my computer desk and playing with them. Yes playing. I'm been getting into my girly-girl self and having a grand old time.

Second, I have a certain fascination with horror/ghost stories, especially classic tales. Much to my delight, I've recently found a few good websites with classic horror/ghost stories. Literary Gothic, Frank's Place, Gaslightall sorts of links at this H.P.Lovecraft site although alas, his work is still protected by copyright. I could write in detail about all of these sites, but I'll limit myself to simply gasping with delight. I am so pleased to be reading various classic tales that I've seen referenced a thousand times. Even if you don't care for horror, if you care anything for science fiction or fantasy, you owe it to yourself to read through these sites because this is where the modern fantastic literature movement started.

Speaking of fascination with ghost stories, due to my previous post and the comments people left, I'd like to share one of the few sensible guides to ghost investigation I've ever read. I like the website owner's style and approach, although I have to admit, it's probably not the best reading for a long New England night...