Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Update

The job interview seemed to go well, but I didn't get the job. But, I'm not surprised. I haunt the job search websites that have Cape Cod listings, and I saw this one job listed on three different sites.

It gets better. One of those sites lists how many times a particular job has been viewed. On just one site, this particular job has been viewed 300 times. I'm sure there's plenty of repeat views on that one, but sweet Jesus, that's enough to make you weep.

I know the market is real competitive. There's a sort of comfort in knowing that you're one of a teeming horde of job seekers. It makes you feel less horribly unemployable and tainted. I was always picked last for gym class, so I think not being "picked" makes me especially glum. Not that I have issues or anything.

So, I try to head off the gloominess and feeling sorry for myself. I work at being very logical and reasonable about it. I'm competing with literally hundreds of people, and I was weak in a key skill they wanted. But, no matter how logical and reasonable you're trying to be, it still tastes of frustration.

Ahem. On a lighter note. I ACED my Accounting test. I am taking a semester and the summer off though, I really need some time to refresh.

Also, the only logical thing for me to take in the Spring is Tax Accounting, and I really will weep if I take Tax Accounting. The only thing that would make me cry harder would be Payroll.

Mass NARAL concert. We raised decent money, although it would have been nice to have gotten more of a turnout. One real pleasure was listening to our guest, singer Jess Klein. I'm always dubious about singer-songwriters, many of them are dismal, but she had a fine strong voice and wonderful control over her guitar. Her voice sounds a bit like Stevie Nicks, only much better. She did one a cappella piece and I was amazed by how well she pulled it off, a cappella is usually done only by people who really shouldn't be doing it. Her music reminds me a bit of Sheryl Crow, but a bit more indie. If this sounds at all interesting, check her out. I think she deserves much more attention than she's getting.

G'night all. I'll definately be blogging tomorrow. I need to go upstairs at work and possibly confront a ghost.