Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My feet have wings.

*

I've been wanting to walk regularly and I haven't had the right pair of athletic shoes. The way some women get weepy and hand-wringing about bathing suits, that's how I am about athletic shoes. I don't like most sneakers because they look...sneakery. They make me think Bad Thoughts. I wore sneakers in middle school gym. Tourists wear sneakers. My insane freshman roomate wore sneakers. Keds and hi-top style sneakers are exempt from this hate. But neither one of those types properly support my feet for walking.

So this past weekend I bought a pair of truly glorious shoes, Gamma Ltr Women's Tevas in Anthracite. Oh gods, this was pure splurge, but they're supportive and giving and cushiony in all the right ways. And they're dressy enough that I can wear them with pretty much anything that isn't formal dress. I love, love, love them.