Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

I Don't Hate Mondays

Today I woke up fully refreshed and after coffee, completed a project in twenty minutes that has been weighing on me for the past six months.

After puttering some more, I cleaned up around the office and found a Gameboy that has been missing for three months. I ran an errand I've been putting off for two months. After coming home, I did some touching up a paint job in the bedroom that's been incomplete since October.

In short, it's been a nice, productive little day. The only difference between today and last Saturday is that this was my first week at my new job.

I knew I was whiny and dull and constantly bitching to the Spousal Unit about my previous workplace. I would collapse into weekends, sleep long hours and spend my Sunday afternoons fretting about Monday.

I knew all this, but didn't realize how constantly drained I was and what a difference a new workplace would make. I can't tell you how glad I am to be gone and I'm sure the Spousal Unit is relieved as well.