Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Quick update

I have had a very busy past two weeks settling into my new job. I don't want to post too much about it here except to say that it's challenging and much more satisfying than my last job.

We had a guest from California last weekend. She was determined to "do" the Cape so we got outside a lot which really meant sitting in our car and watching rain pound down on the ocean. LOL. Actually it's not such a bad way of spending a stormy afternoon on Cape. What's the point of living in a place with weather if you don't go out in it and look once in awhile?

I thank everyone who has kindly commented about our loss. Out of courtesy to our elderly kitty who hated other cats, we did not keep a second cat. So with her gone, we had no cats for the first time in eighteen years. I cannot tell you how quiet and lonely the house seems with her gone.

A home without a cat--and a well-fed, well-petted and properly revered cat--may be a perfect home, perhaps, but how can it prove title? -Mark Twain

We've taken some steps to rectify this situation. More shortly.