Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

My work/life balance is seriously out of balance.

I don't ask for much. I want to work enough to enjoy the lifestyle to which I have become accustomed and have some time left over for hobbies and playing with the cat and socializing.

I was expecting fall to be difficult. I'm working two jobs and going to school part-time. But the big problem is really my primary job. Each day feels like an uphill battle and then I go home and wonder what disaster I'm going to walk into the next morning. When I wasn't doing anything else, I could enjoy a lot of down-time and recover that way, but now that my down time is severely limited, the situation is really getting to me.

God, I wish I could walk in there tomorrow and quit.