Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Local and Semi-local Lampworking Classes

I have no idea when I'm going to be able to take lampworking classes, but posting the information I've gathered keeps me on track.

Leslie Spencer teaches lampworking. I asked some time ago about prices and she quoted me $250 for a day intensive or $50 per hour.

I have heard the woman at Red Fish, Blue Fish will teach lampworking, but I've never seen her advertise classes or anything like that so I don't know for certain.

Samuell Day Gallery in Cummaquid was advertising day intensives but when I asked the price, it seemed VERY high. I can't even remember what it was but I remember I had a hard time keeping my mouth from gaping open in astonishment.

I've also contemplated going off-Cape to take classes with Marj Bates. She does two day workshops for $295 and also has "open studio" time for a minimum of $60/four hours. The savings might be worth a trip off Cape and she has some interesting projects like drawer pulls.

If anyone reading this blog has taken classes with any of these folks or has other sources, let me know. I'd love to hear any and all feedback.