Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

My day yesterday

At about 2:30, I left work to do some shopping in Hyannis.

At 3:30, I stepped out of Super Shop 'n Shop and directly into a horrific blizzard. Screaming wind. Whirling snow. People clutching groceries and shielding babies while stumbling to their cars.

I plan to drive back to work (it's on the way home anyway), but my way is blocked by several trees. I call the Spousal Unit and let her know the situation and my plan to go home.

I get back on 6A to go home, but my way is blocked by several trees.

I turn around, thinking I'll go back through Hyannis and pick up Exit 7. I head down Mary Dunn road, planning to cut across the KMart Plaza.

I navigate Mary Dunn road okay, but I can't drive up the incline that would get me up the plaza. Too slippery.

So I decide to take a right on 132 to try and pick up Exit 6. I then call the Spousal Unit again and learn a tree has fallen down in our driveway. On one of the cars.

After waiting in traffic and crawling on Route 6, I finally make it home at around 6:30. There's no power, but there is food and drink and a bathroom and I am home and there isn't anything better in the world than being home after working your way through a major storm.