Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Surprise Ending

I gritted my teeth and got the work done on my car. But I got a pleasant surprise when I went to pick it up and looked at the work order.

When I was talking to the car people on the phone, we discussed work that had to be done and work that should be done. Now, I *thought* that the work that had to be done was going to total $1,400 and I also thought had opted out of the work that should be done.

Because when you're hit with a bill like that, you don't want to add anything.

Instead, the $1,400 was for everything.

So now my car is running VERY well. It's no exaggeration to say it's like driving a new car.

I wouldn't say I'm happy exactly, I don't want another repair bill like that for a LONG time. But every time I drive my car, it's pure pleasure. I'm glad I got all that work done.