Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Bad backs run in my family.

I pulled something and for the past two days, my upper back, neck and the back of my head have hurt. Really hurt. Any movement of my head and neck had to be carefully planned and slowly executed. The fun stuff was when I turned a little too quickly and the pain made me nauseous.

Whatever that pulled something was, it just popped back into place. I was slowly turning my head back and forth when I heard a grisly crunching noise. Everything is still sore and stiff, but moving freely and naturally.

I don't hurt. I don't feel like I'm about to vomit. You have no idea how wonderful that feels. I'm going to get my first good night's sleep in two days.

I have got to start doing yoga again. My father does it as a way of keeping the bad back demons under control. I adore yoga, but I'm really lazy about it.

Taking up swimming again wouldn't hurt either, I just wish there was a closer place to swim than the Hyannis YMCA.