Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

I hate this.

While I'm still flying high from the fact that the Spousal Unit did beautifully and should be coming home soon, I spent all of yesterday untangling the half-done crap that my Stupid Coworker did while I was away from the office.

Not only was three-quarters of the work not even done, what was done was shit.

This is someone I worked with for *days* to show her what I do and how to do it. I walked her through the process, step by step. She's taken insanely detailed notes. She has step-by-step screenshots in a three-ring binder. Failing a Matrix-style upload into the brain, I have no idea what more could be done for her.

Today, I explained politely to my supervisor that the woman filling in for me fell down on the job and that the quality of her work wasn't acceptable.

Somehow, this conversation segues into what a lovely person Stupid Coworker is for helping my supervisor find her lost wallet the other day and my supervisor took her out for lunch on the strength of it.

Let's review. Today we learned,

Basic competence = optional.

Stumbling across a lost wallet = gets you taken out to lunch.

If I ever manage to find another job and leave this position, I am *so* going to bring up this incident in my exit interview.