Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Saturday, January 17, 2004

I want...

I want Blogger to figure out what they're doing so I can buy space to host images. I just finished the last of my holiday ornaments (shh..they'll look pretty next year) and after spending all that time working on them I want to show them off.

The pattern I've been using is the Bead and Button "Victorian" holiday ornaments from the October 2003 issue. So far, I've made a blue/white one, an amber one and I just finished a green and white one. I swear they're really nice. But I can't prove it until I can put the pictures up.

Speaking of things beady, I covet one of Jinx's eye beads terribly, although I'm not especially interested in either of the ones currently up for bid. And speaking of eyes, do you remember those hologram pendants you used to be able to buy in science shops and head shops? They were everywhere in the eighties. The eye one was the most common, and it looked a bit like this. My best friend in high school had several and I remember going on a school trip to the Museum of Science and she bought a bunch more in the museum shop. Museum of Science doesn't sound quite right for a high school trip, but that's what I remember. I remember her spreading them out on the bus seat on our way home and admiring them. The only other one I remember was the one that looked like the gears of a clock.

I miss holograms. I should get one for my cell. Maybe an eye, for old time's sake.