Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Friday, April 11, 2003

Friday Five

1. What was the first band you saw in concert?
An absolutely terrible concert by (I think) the FabuIous Thunderbirds at the University of Massachusetts. My next concert was Suzanne Vega, and thousands of times better.

2. Who is your favorite artist/band now?
I don't have a favorite artist or band, it's very dependent on mood. I explore and get obsessed by a particular artist or genre as the mood takes me.

3. What's your favorite song?
"Small Blue Thing" by Suzanne Vega or "Mother of Pearl" by Roxy Music or "Red and Gold" by Fairport Convention.

Edited to add, how could I forget "Very Good Year" by Frank Sinatra?

4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be? Penny whistle.

5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why?
Possibly Frank Sinatra, for the pure iconism of the experience, plus he'd be fun to drink with for the evening. Or, one of the really wild old time blues ladies like Bessie Smith