Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Sunday, May 15, 2005

I tried, I really did.

My mother and father are Cheap Cape Codders (tm) and are hoping to wake up one day to find the house has mysteriously repaired itself. I occasionally try to persuade them of the advantages of calling in a contractor before the roof falls in.

Me: "Oh yeah, we're getting our septic tank pumped next Friday."

My Mom: "Ho hum."

Me: "They say every four years. When was the last time yours' was done?"

My Mom: "A while ago. But the inspector said it's over-engineered. And anyway, there's only two of us."

Me: "Mom? Get the septic pumped before poop comes up the shower drain...AGAIN."

Okay, I didn't really say that last part. However, it did really happen and seeing it happen once was enough for me. I don't understand why once wasn't enough for my parents.