Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Monday, April 05, 2004

Have you seen this fabric?

I had an idea for making this fabric into a duvet cover. The blue and green print, not the denim part. I didn't buy it when I should've. It turns out that the fabric is from the Indochine collection of Alexander Henry. The company makes beautiful, beautiful fabric, but with very limited production runs. Once it's gone, it's gone.

You know how they tell you that if you see something you really, really, really like for fabric (beads, stones) you should buy it? They're so so right. I've been so mad at myself for not buying this fabric.

I've been haunting the fabric search sites. Which has actually turned out to be a good deal. Everyone I've corresponded with has been incredibly nice and helpful. Crafty people usually are.

This company may be my savior. We've been exchanging emails and they just sent a sample and it turned out to be the right stuff. Then I'll have to actually make the duvet cover.

I still have the future kitchen curtain in pieces in the living room. And, the square I'm making for a friend's wedding quilt.

Life is full of unfinished projects, mine's just a little fuller than most.