Dolphin With Rabies

Life on beautiful Cape Cod.

Monday, October 04, 2004

Wool Festival Update

I went to the wool festival sponsered by the Cape Cod Spinners Guild. I'd say that there were about ten or twelve spinners on the Dennis Village Green, all demonstrating their craft and a goodly number of gawkers like myself. What nice people! Once I got over my shyness and started talking to people, they were all very encouraging and friendly.

There were various offerings for sale, mostly hand-spun wool, knitted things and felted things, but also other items tossed in for a bit of variety. I bought three skeins (?) of wool that have already been rolled into balls. If I get ambitious, I'll post some pics.

The Cape Cod Spinners are apparently going to start meeting regularly. I'm going to stop by one of their meetings(after researching spinning wheels) and see if I can't try out a wheel or two. "Please mum, may I use your spinning wheel? Just for a moment?"

I love the idea of learning to spin, but the sensible side of me is sighing and saying that all I need is an expensive hobby that takes up precious room. Eh, maybe I'll figure something out. Maybe a spinning wheel will magically appear on my front door. And I'll wake up one day and find a new addition painlessly added to my house. It could happen.